Making Squeak more accessible and used - reversing the trend

Elod Kironsky kironsky at grisoft.cz
Thu Feb 8 11:41:40 UTC 2007

I totally agree with Stef here. Squeak is a wonderful thing among
programming environments, utilizing exploratory programming in a unique
and genial way, so let's not transform it into something less beautiful
just to make it used by more people. That has absolutely no sense. Maybe
this is a catch 22. If we preserve Squeak as it is now, it will not be
used so widely, but if we modify it to be used widely, we loose the
essence of Squeak that we love so much and that made us to make it to be
used widely (sorry for this messy sentence :-) ).

Elod