New Win32 VM (3.9.2)

Martin Beck martin.beck at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Feb 8 14:58:48 UTC 2007

Andreas Raab schrieb:
> Hi Folks -
>
> Turns out that the Makefile I used had a small but in some situations
> significant problem (which is both, hard to explain as well as to
> debug). To avoid any possible problems I've built another VM (3.9.2)
> that is available here:
>
> http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.2-bin.zip
> http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.2-src.zip
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
After using this version for some time I recognized a decreasing in the
speed of the event handling. The responses on my mouse clicks are very
slow after some time, so browsing source isn't fun anymore. :( Also, my
key events are sometimes mangled up, i.e. they don't arrive in the right
order, if i type too fast. Also I can almost count the seconds till the
key press events arrive on my screen. Using the vm from squeak.org
solves this problem in the same image. However, 0 tinyBenchmarks prints
slightly better results for your version.

Regards,
Martin