Toothpick

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramirodt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 03:03:05 UTC 2007

Hello fellows,
   I needed to start using a logging system, and I thought I try out
toothpick.  I red a little about it and I like it's design and the way it is
used.
   Unfortunately I installed and it did not work.  I tried the versions from
the web site, SqueakMap and SqueakSource.

   If I execute the simple test code, taken from the web site:

LoggingMultiplexer reset.
LoggingMultiplexer current
	configureFromIniFile;
  	startAllLoggers.
LoggingEvent logError: 'Test Message'.
LoggingMultiplexer current stopAllLoggers.
LoggingMultiplexer reset.

With the default toothpick.ini file that logs all sorts of .log and xml
files.

I get nothing but empty files, and errors as well (since the second time I
run

LoggingEvent logError: 'Test Message'.

I have a Mac with a 3.9 image and the latest VM from John.

Is anybody using it successfully?