ToolBuilder, PlusTools and Namespaces

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 9 09:14:08 UTC 2007

Michael van der Gulik wrote:
> Andreas Raab wrote:
>> The latest version at http://squeaksource.com/ToolBuilder should
>> support drag and drop.
>
> That's the one I have. Is there an example of a PluggableTreeSpec which
> supports drag and drop? There still exists the possibility that I'm
> simply not using it right.

I don't have an example handy but IIRC then PlusTools used drag and drop
for regular browsers.

> On futher thought, you've convinced me that it's currently done the
> right way. I can think of other examples where having hard-coded event
> handlers would make things difficult. What would be nice would be to
> have a convention for naming event handlers, perhaps with defaults that
> get picked up automagically?

You just realized one of the things that I really wanted to address in
Tweak. A way of not having to specify endless callbacks and yet to react
flexibly to standardized events in widgets. Welcome to method triggers,
which provided a standardized way of specifying which method should fire

Cheers,
   - Andreas