More on WriteStream>>on:

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Feb 14 21:57:32 UTC 2007

Alan Lovejoy wrote:
> <Andreas>
> Buffer streaming. It is very handy to be able to share the underlying
> collection with a stream when you know what you are doing.
> <Andreas>
>
> Yes.  It would be even better to be able to do that wihout having to know so
> much about what some other object might or might not do.

I'm not advocating this as a general solution but I understood the
question to be about whether anyone has ever used that and whether
therefore such a change has the potential to break something severely.
And indeed, if you know what you are doing, this can be very handy and
very speedy.

Cheers,
   - Andreas