Squeak scripts in UNIX

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 06:47:05 UTC 2007

Blake wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:53:44 -0800, Keith Hodges
> <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> This has been tested on linux, but it looks like some help is needed
>> to get it working on mac osx.
>
> Has anyone worked it out in Windows?

As far as I am aware most of the squeak side of things should work from
Window tos. I did try it a while ago.

The main difference that I discovered was that the unix vm does not
require the '.image' for your image name, whereas the windows vm does.

At the moment the wiring for stdin and stdout is not likely to be
supported on windows, so the Script print="2+2" example is unlikely to
work. But as they say where there is a will there is a way.

;-)

Keith