Candidacy for the Squeak Board

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Fri Feb 16 08:08:28 UTC 2007

Il giorno mar, 13/02/2007 alle 17.58 +0200, Daniel Vainsencher ha
scritto:
> But until the 18th, I would like to encourage everyone to look into
> their hearts and think whether there's some services that they want to
> do for this community, that is best done within the board. If the answer
> is yes, just submit your candidacy. If you prefer to make your
> contribution elsewhere, such as in code, then be happy and have fun in
> doing just that :-)

Ok, I'll volunteer! Here's my candidacy for the board.

Who am I?
I am Giovanni Corriga, Italian, 28 years old. I am the current leader of
the News Team, and I'm mantaining the Weekly Squeak news blog. I also
administer a couple of Squeak related mailing lists, and the mailing
list of the Italian Smalltalk user group. I've recently started
development of an application based on Squeak and the HV2 framework, and
I'm working on revamping said framework.

What can I do for the board?
Whatever it needs to be done to further Squeak's advancement. As a
regular Squeak user, I am committed to keep it going. The current board
has worked towards establishing a framework of procedures and standards
to coordinate the Squeak community, and the community is slowly moving
towards a stable development process that will allow it to steadily
produce quality releases of Squeak. If I get elected, I'll keep working
towards these goals, trying to get the board and the community to
determine which steps can be taken to reach them, such as bounties or
the like.

	Ciao,

		Giovanni