Towards a better IDE in Squeak

David Röthlisberger squeak at c3com.ch
Mon Feb 19 10:16:25 UTC 2007

Hi Romain,

>    Your mail comes at the right time! I share your needs for
> empirical studies of programmer's usage of the IDE, and I am going to
> release an updated version of my
> IDE monitoring tool (called "SpyWare" ;-) ) in the next few days.

Cool!
I also did some work on SmallBrother - a tool of Roel Wuyts initially
implemented in VW to record the programmer's usage of the IDE. It's now
also available for Squeak on SqueakSource and can spy most of the user's
action occurring in OmniBrowser.

> I think we could join forces and share data. Incidentally, I am going
> to Bern at the end of this week to meet some people at SCG... If
> you're around we can discuss and compare
> our needs. Feel free to reply on or off-list.

yes, I'm here, so we should indeed discuss! Especially, I'm interested
in how you find your subjects using and experimenting with your tools.
Adrian Kuhn is also doing something similar in VW, but you probably know
that already.

David