election details

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 20 20:46:54 UTC 2007

A significant number of questions seem to be on the *technical*
aspects of Squeak. As I have tried to explain (http://wiki.squeak.org/
squeak/5932) I do not see the *foundation board* as a technical forum
but rather one dedicated to the running of the foundation. Technical
matters more properly belong with a technical forum, something I
think we will want to establish.

As such, I have no intention of answering technical questions in the
context of the board elections.

In re. the matters I see as relevant to a board election:-
- I would love to increase fund-raising and we have in fact made a
small but hopefully profitable start by ordering in stock of more of
the well received enamel badges
- I like the general principle of bounties and sponsorships etc but I
have some problems with how they can be organised so that they are
seen as fair, equitable, transparent and worthwhile. And you can't go
offering bounties without having funds to pay them!
- I (indeed all the current board) support finding a sensible legal
basis of establishment for the foundation. It may be independent
incorporation, it might be association with another body, it might be
taking over a small nation and claiming sovereignty.
- I suggest establishing a technical forum to co-ordinate and push
the technical areas of Squeak

tim
Useful random insult:- One chip short of a cookie.