election details *PLEASE READ*

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Feb 21 08:45:44 UTC 2007

Hi fellas!

>>> 4) What do you believe is the future of Smalltalk?
>>
>> I believe every other language is asymptotically approaching Smalltalk.
>
> Hm. Can't really let this statement stand by itself.
[SNIP]

I wholeheartedly agree with Andreas. While I also think *many* languages,
especially open source "scripting" (I hate the term) languages, are indeed
getting closer and closer to Smalltalk in *many* aspects (Ruby being one
of the prime examples of course), it is IMHO definitely not true of ALL
languages or ALL aspects.

Just look at Haskell or Erlang or Fortress or Factor or... there is a
whole range of "strange" languages out there. :) There are indeed lots of
neat things to steal, or at LEAST be inspired by.

Hmmm, even in Java. I guess. Somewhere. ;)

regards, Göran