election details *PLEASE READ*

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Feb 21 09:16:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:43:25 -0800, Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se> wrote:

> I wholeheartedly agree with Andreas. While I also think *many* languages,
> especially open source "scripting" (I hate the term) languages, are
> indeed
> getting closer and closer to Smalltalk in *many* aspects (Ruby being one
> of the prime examples of course), it is IMHO definitely not true of ALL
> languages or ALL aspects.

Can Ruby be considered as getting closer to Smalltalk if they started with
Smalltalk and deliberately moved away? :-)

I like (and use) a lot of languages but I don't find myself missing
language features when using Squeak. I do miss certain IDE elements,
however. And I do miss having a minimal starting point to build from.