pending mac carbon vm 3.8.15b3U

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Feb 21 15:39:10 UTC 2007

I've place a new VM (Squeak 3.8.15beta3U.app.zip) on my idisk and ftp
site via

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

There are two bug fixes, one being how the VM interacted with a
scroll wheel mouse where we would forget the state of the buttons on
the scroll wheel move, that would cause unintended mouse up actions.

The other big change is that we now change the cursor back to a
normal cursor when the cursor focus leaves the squeak window, and back
again when the cursor re-enters the squeak window. The behaviour I'm
told is similar to what Windows users see.

3.8.15b3
			sqMacUnixFileInterface.c
				If you passed in an bad file path, say with incorrect encoding,
then in convertChars
				we would try to convert to UTF8, that would fail, but no check so
code to do the
				normalization would crash the VM

			Cursor support change for Impara. Need the ability to change the
cursor back to normal cursor
			when we exit the window, or the application. Then when we re-enter
the application or window
			it should flip back to the cursor that was being used by Squeak
when we exited.

			sqMacHostWindow.c

				Add CreateMouseTrackingRegion() logic, add call in closeWindow to
ReleaseMouseTrackingRegion
				In ioSizeOfWindowSetxy call back to reset tracking region size.

			sqMacHostWindow.h
				Add windowTrackingRef to window descriptor block

			sqMacMain.c
				Version number, and uuid change

			sqMacUIEventsUniversal.c
				When we setup events for window call logic to start mouse region
tracking
				Add mouse enter/leave logic
				On application activate/deactivate need to set squeak cursor or
initcursor
				Add kEventWindowResizeCompleted to trigger rebuild of mouse
tracking region
				Add kEventMouseEntered and kEventMouseExited to handle cursor change

				BUG FIX, deal with mouse move and button state, if you had an
apple super mouse
				you would have noticed if the mouse button was down, and you
moved the scroll wheel
				it would think the mouse when up, because we forgot to return
cached mouse button state. Oops.
				BUG was introduced in 3.8.12.b7

			SqMacWindowUniversal.c
				Add logic to remember cursor on cursor change and set flag if
squeak had change cursor.

===