Towards a better IDE in Squeak

David Röthlisberger squeak at c3com.ch
Thu Feb 22 09:07:54 UTC 2007

J J schrieb:
> Yea, I wouldn't overplay tabs too much.  They are mostly only useful
> because of (a) how the windows taskbar works and (b) the fact that
> firefox only runs one instance of itself anyway so having a bunch of
> windows open is less convenient and actually slower then using tabs.
> Squeak browsers are (comparatively) quick so I don't miss the tabs at all.

hm, interesting. But don't you think that it is easier to find a specific window with
tabs when you have a lot of them opened? Tabs do not overlap, tabs help you to
identify windows by just displaying their label/title/icon/color/whatever, tabs make
hidden windows visible and accessible, etc.
You see no value in that?
Most of the time I open a lot of windows (browsers, debuggers, inspectors,
workspaces, etc.) in Squeak, and sometimes they overlap, some windows get completely
hidden by others, and so on. Tabs would help me a lot to deal with that.

David