"Intelligent" Shrink?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Feb 22 18:03:19 UTC 2007

Hi Giuseppe--

> "Spoon way" is the oposite to "Intelligent Shrink" ideas.
>
> Spoon Way = Add all as you want.
> IS = Erase all you don't need.

     But of course the starting point for Spoon was produced by erasing
everything that isn't needed (in this case, everything that isn't needed
to start and extend the system). That's *exactly* what you're talking
about, and it's provably correct. I encourage everyone to re-read the
progress reports in the Spoon archives[1], starting at [2] is probably
best. I have written about this at length.

     thanks,

-C

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/spoon
[2] http://tinyurl.com/2gbext (lists.squeakfoundation.org)