election details *PLEASE READ*

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:36:19 UTC 2007

>From: Roel Wuyts <Roel.Wuyts at ulb.ac.be>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>Subject: Re: election details *PLEASE READ*
>Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:03:54 +0100
>
>Broadening this a bit: these three language families (Logic  programming,
>functional programming and (pure) object-oriented  programming are all
>considered 5th generation languages. I often  wonder why none of these
>well-designed, clean languages were never  really popular. I actually
>believe that this is one of the deep,  underlying reasons: people that
>embrace this language and get it are  so hooked that they are absorbed and
>never get out again. This is  what Andreas is pointing to.

But don't just assume that because Java is popular and Squeak isn't as much,
that Java is right and Smalltalk is wrong.  Maybe we really *do* have the
best system and it just hasn't been adopted.

They say the worse something is, the more it will be advertised, and in my
experience this has been true.