sweep failed to find exact end of memory

Torsten Sadowski torsten.sadowski at tu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 23 10:33:01 UTC 2007

> Hi!

> >> Must be a Linux thing. I can do that on my Windows laptop with no
> >> problems.

Hi,

if it is a Linux thing maybe playing with the Highmem options under
"  Processor type and features  --->  " in the kernel config could help. There
are several options:

 x    High Memory Support (4GB)  --->                                  x x
  x x    Memory split (3G/1G user/kernel split)  --->                     x x
  x x    Memory model (Flat Memory)  --->                                 x x
  x x[*] Allocate 3rd-level pagetables from highmem                       x x

which all must have some impact on memory allocation.

Cheers, Torsten