Looking for old Smalltalks for DOS

Sam Adams ssadams at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 23 16:22:07 UTC 2007

It was Methods.
I think Steve Burbeck still has a copy.
Steve?

As for other DOS versions, I have the old ParcPlace ST80 for DOS.  It
struggles to run in a dos box, but on an old DOS install it should run
fine.

Sam S. Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
Robinson, tie 444-1497, outside 919-254-1497
ssadams at us.ibm.com
Corinthians 1:10>>

             Aaron Reichow
             <revaaron at bitquab
             it.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  The general-purpose Squeak
             squeak-dev-bounce         developers list
             s at lists.squeakfou         <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.
             ndation.org               org>
                                                                        cc

             02/23/2007 11:04                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: Looking for old Smalltalks for
                                       DOS

              Please respond
              general-purpose
             Squeak developers
                   list
             <squeak-dev at lists
             .squeakfoundation
                   .org>

Franz-

On Feb 23, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Franz Josef Konrad wrote:
Smalltalk V286 is running in a full graphical
> environment. Have a look here: http://squeak.sava-systeme.de/
> smt-286.jpg
good
> shape ;-).
help.
Smalltalk/V- I just can't remember for sure what that other version
of Smalltalk is. I purchased it used when I made frequent trips to a
local computer store scouting for any used software that had to do
with programming/IDEs, etc. Speaking of which, that is certainly
something you don't see anymore- computer stores that sell used
software.  But, unlike my Smalltalk/V disks, I can't find the disks
of this mysterious other Smalltalk I once purchased.
Methods sounds familiar, that may have been it.
with screenshots of various smalltalk
> images anywhere? A couriosity perhaps would be this one: http://
> squeak.sava-systeme.de/jigsaw.jpg
with VisualSmaltallk Enterprise
> but as you know it never got into production.
don't know of any site like that, but it
would be fun to work on compiling one! Especially if we could get
access to some of the software and create new screenshots, direct
comparison shots. Something like a GUIdebook entry for Smalltalks
over the years ( GUIdebook =  http://www.guidebookgallery.org/
screenshots ).
with OS/
> 2 3 running I would be interested. I have some old VSE OS/2 images
> I would like to run again.
very fond memories of OS/
2 2.1, though I never had Warp 3 or 4.