Custom TcpListener can't reach it's dynamic bindings

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sat Feb 24 03:23:05 UTC 2007

Hi there,

    I'm making a subclass of TcpListener to have a custom policy of socket
acceptance for a service I'm porting.

    When I start the service (subclass of TcpService) it won't get the value
of the #backlogSize wich the code is:

backlogSize

 ^#'ROSocketListener-backlogSize' binding ifNil: [10]

    In the debugger the manually returned value is 10 but in the execution
it trhows a walkback as beign nil. Is like the Bindings var is not
initialized. If I harcode the value there other binds also fails.

    So I'm lost with this dynamic bindings. What I could be missing? there
is something I should initialize to enable this to work as supoused? how can
I debug it?

    thanks in advance,

Sebastian Sastre