Squeak People Certification

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Mon Feb 26 18:12:50 UTC 2007

"Cees de Groot" <cdegroot at gmail.com> writes:
> On 20 Feb 2007 19:13:59 -0500, Lex Spoon <lex at lexspoon.org> wrote:
> > We would do better to talk about it and decide.
> >
> Personally, I'm not going to participate in this discussion. Because
> we talked about it and we decided, last year. Nothing changed so far,
> no need to spend time on this discussion.

Clearly, "we" made no such decision, as evidenced by this very thread.

People are posting that they do not like using an automatic reputation
system to define who is in the group.  It is especially bad to use a
system whose properties are neither known [1] nor discussed [2].

Community membership is the heart of a community.  Are we going to
bother?  Who does the SqueakFoundation represent?

-Lex

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/elections/2005-December/000010.html

[2] There is no 2.  We are still just doing whatever.