PositionnableStream>>peekFor: not standard

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 16:01:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

the method PositionnableStream>>peekFor: does not conform to ANSI. In
fact, this method should just test the following element in the stream
and verify if it equals the parameter.

However, the squeak version go forward in the stream if the objects
equals. The comment in squeak is clear about this.

So, do we choose to conform to ansi or to keep compatibility ?

If I'm implementing a new stream hierarchy that may replace the
current one, do I need to keep compatibility or be standard ?

Bye

--
Damien Cassou