Changing keyboard configuration shortcut - qwerty<>azerty

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Wed Feb 28 21:44:34 UTC 2007

Cédrick Béler a écrit :

> Damien Cassou a écrit :
>> 2007/2/28, Cédrick Béler <cbeler at enit.fr>:
>>> Sometimes it happens that my keyboard configuration change and I cannot
>>> roll it back ! In my case, it's changing my french keyboard in qwerty.
>>>
>>> Do you know the shortcut or the way to bring my azerty back :)
>>
>> What OS are you using ? I suspect an OS shortcut. Try to have a look
>> at keyboard localization settings in your OS preferences.
>>
> I'm using XP... and a 3.9 image.
>
> I didn't think it was a OS related stuff as it's still azerty anywhere
> else but it seems it's per windows that the keyboard can be changed. So
> thank you ;)
>
> To set it back, when squeak windows is selected, I presses (alt+shift)
> and voila !!!
> sad this shortcut is close to squeak shortcuts ;)
>
> nb: this shortcut for changing keyboard conf is working on all windows
> apps (word...) per windows.
>
> Cédrick

It has taken time before i discover the combination was alt+shift.
(I did not use Squeak on my XP, so this combination was more random)

Fortunately, you can disable the WinWP shortcut.

On the desktop bar, you should have a EN/FR appearing when you alt+shift.
Click there, get a menu and you should find a configuration tool...
(Sorry, I do not remember exactly and do not have XP here)

Nicolas