new packages in 3.9 universe

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 5 20:06:00 UTC 2007

"J J" <azreal1977 at hotmail.com> writes:
> I assume the package setup is like it is in e.g. debian no?  For example:
>
> There is a core universe that just has the core and depends on nothing
> (this one can be implicit)
> There is a Socket universe that depends on only core
> There is a Komanche universe that depends on the Socket universe
> There is a Seaside universe that depends on the Komanche universe
> There is a Magritte universe that depends on the core
> There is a Pier universe that depends on the Seaside and Magritte universes
> There is a Stable universe that depends on core and a few others and
> has *lots* of optional universes (e.g. Pier)
>
> Is that close, or if not, is that doable?

Thanks, J. J.

Right now, there is just one 3.9 universe, just like with 3.7.  So, it
is analogous to the "main" section of Debian/sid.  The idea is that
developers can augment this with their own extension universes, much
like unofficial apt repositories.

How's that sound?

What you list above is done, but it is with *packages* not universes.
So, the SeasidePresentation package depends on the Seaside package,
which depends on the Komanche package.

-Lex