Could we fix the web site

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sat Jan 6 18:25:36 UTC 2007

Il giorno sab, 06/01/2007 alle 18.07 +0100, stephane ducasse ha scritto:
> Hi karl
>
> my point is about the place of the news on the web site. I think that
> we need something that anybody (and certainly someone
> evaluating me can understand). When people click on my cv on the
> squeak web site, it should be great.
> And the news section should not be the top items. Or I can remove all
> the links I have on my sites and cv to squeak.org but this
> would be sad because imagine a person not knowing anything about
> squeak going to the site and reading the first paragraph right now.

News _should_ be in the top part of the home page, maybe after the "What
is Squeak" blurb.
That said, I don't think that the Weekly Squeak news feed should be
integrated in the main page of squeak.org: many of the news items are
interesting for those who already know and use Squeak, and not for those
that go to squeak.org to learn what Squeak is.
A better solution would be to cherrypick TWS' most interesting news
items only.

> > The news feed is from news.squeak.org so if you join the news team
> > you will be able to post directly.
>
> I do not want. I have nothing against news and I have nothing to say.

We are always looking for feedback anyway, so if anywants want to ask
something or give us some feedback, may send a message to
news at lists.squeakfoundation.org .

	Giovanni