Could we fix the web site

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 7 15:44:58 UTC 2007

Andreas Raab wrote:
> stephane ducasse wrote:
>> Why andreas? My original post was not nice?
>
> Well, judge for yourself - are these "nice" quotes? "Or I can remove
> all the links I have on my sites and cv to squeak.org..." "But ok I
> will remove all my links to squeak.org." "Really I'm quite annoyed. I
> cannot tell you all the story behind my mail but this is not a simple
> idiot remark. "
>
> And perhaps most importantly if someone points out that Cees is not
> the only person who read those messages that way, is it "nice" to
> respond like this?
>
>> But this is clear I will stay away from squeak. This is a good year
>> resolution.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
I dont think that Stef needs to judge for himself at all. There is
nothing "un nice" about these quotes, particularly when they are read
"in context".

There is nothing un-nice about suggesting that links to squeak.org might
be removed from a cv. I would want links from my cv to be fairly static
and to know exactly what a prospective employer might be reading. I
would put my own description about squeak in for this purpose. Heck even
the name "squeak" can be a problem in that respect.

Keith