3D desktop

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 7 17:28:59 UTC 2007

On 7-Jan-07, at 12:16 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> I think that what is interesting is that people have the tools to
> try new ideas even if you think  that they are idiot.

Yes, that is good and interesting; the faster people ca try out ideas
and discover which ones are bad, the better it is. As we used to say
at Interval Research  - Fail Early, Fail Often.

Squeak is definitely one of the tools I would consider valuable for
this. So is SketchUp, so is the Doom Programmers Kit (or whatever it
may be known as). So is modelling clay....

And none of it stops me thinking that is a bad idea to
photophysically emulate a bad way of working. Sure it's cool that you
*can* do that that but that doesn't make it a good way of working.

tim
Oscar Wilde: “Only the shallow know themselves.”