Hello and a question about TextFieldMorph

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 03:11:13 UTC 2007

Hello and a question about TextFieldMorph

Hi Javier,

Thanks for your report.
You've written to the list and you've put your report
on mantis.
That is as likely to attract a volunteer guru as
anything.

Waving money at the problem is the only way I know to
insure attention.

I did look into the bug.
A quick look did not turn up the root cause. I did
notice that the glitch is very short lived.
Almost anything will knock the text back to the top
right position.
(Even copying the explorer I genned up to  look at
things did the trick. Try tracking down a bug whose
symptom squirms out from under you. Not an easy task.)

Two observations. One I did not have the problem with
either of the text morphs from the object window. I
had to go out of my way to get a TextFieldMorph. So
you might switch morphs.

The other observation was sending the instance of the
TextFieldMorph the message #fit would clear up the
problem. So you could look into doing that if you have
your heart set on the TextFieldMorph.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

>Javier Reyes jreyes at gmail.com
>Mon Jan 8 11:55:59 UTC 2007 wrote:
>

>Hello Jerome,
>
>Thanks very much. I have just written a mantis report
about it.
>¿Any Ideas of how could I get in touch with any
Morphic guru? Reporting the
>bug is the right thing to do, but I'm afraid I need
some faster solution or
>shortcut for my project. I'm new using squeak and I
would appretiate any
>suggestion as for user groups, forums or whatever you
can recomend besides