A "full" image ?

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Tue Jan 9 16:27:53 UTC 2007

Jerome Peace wrote:
> -my other wish is there would be a "full" image team.
> These fine folks would be responsible for deciding
> what packages would be released as "3.10" full.  One
> of the tests for the release is that these packages
> could be loaded and work as the 3.10 basic image goes
> along.
>
> I suspect the "full" team will have to be different
> people from the "3.10 release" team. The
> responsibilities will be different. And the roles will
> be different as well. With the "full" team being
> "customers" for the release.

What do you exactly mean when you ask for a "full" image ?

I see Squeak more like a base system on which you can install what you
want. I don't see the point of delivering an image with TextToSpeech
installed for web developers for example.

It would be more interesting in my opinion to have different Squeak
"distributions":

- Squeak for Developers: like squeak-dev image. I can help for this.
- Squeak for Teachers
- Squeak for Children
-...