John, do you have Sophie running on this thing yet?

Danie Roux lists at acolyte.co.za
Wed Jan 10 14:12:58 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Howard Stearns <hstearns at wisc.edu> wrote:
> http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/osx.html
>
> (Yeah, I know that Negroponte says there are good reasons that the OLPC
> has a bigger screen. He's right. But still...)

It seems as if it might even not be possible:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-iphone-is-not-a-smartphone/

"And the reality slowly sets in about what the iPhone is and is not.
Noted analyst and Engadget pal Michael Gartenberg stated that the
iPhone is first party software ONLY -- i.e. not a smartphone by
conventional terms, being that a smartphone is a platform device that
allows software to be installed. That means hungry power-users -- you
know, those people ready and willing to plunk down $600 for an 8GB
musicphone -- won't be able to extend the functionality of their phone
any more than Apple (but thankfully not Cingular) dictates."

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix -- http://blog.acolyte.co.za