Squeak and native threads

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Wed Jan 10 18:33:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:27:50 -0700, Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think an easy way to get multiprocessor functionality *right
> now* is to launch one Squeak processes per processor, and have
> croquet replicate some or all of the objects in the squeak
> image.

That's exactly what I plan on doing, although I probably won't use Croquet.
The two images are going to be doing fundamentally different things, and
one will be feeding the other with the "answers". Specifically, the vision
processing image will be doing object recognition and color blob tracking,
and passing very little data over to the other image, running the "brain"
of the system.

Later,
Jon