2006-12-20 and 2007-01-03 SqF board notes

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Jan 12 02:30:18 UTC 2007

Hi all--

     The Squeak Foundation board meets online for one hour on the first
and third Wednesday of each month. Thanks again to those of you who have
submitted agenda item suggestions[1]. Please keep them coming!

     The 2007-01-03 meeting was adjourned immediately due to vacations
(only Craig and Cees were available). At the 2006-12-20 meeting, Craig,
Tim, Yoshiki and Cees attended, Bert and Marcus were absent.

***

     The 2006-12-20 meeting had four agenda items.

1.   Review previous action items.

          There were three action items from the previous meeting.

     1.1. Marcus will transfer USD 1500 to Craig for incorporation
          expenses.

          Marcus transferred USD 2000 to me (from a pool of EUR 3000
     that ESUG has maintained on behalf of the Squeak community), after
     I learned that the state filing fees are likely to be more than in
     my initial estimate. Note that the fees vary by state. We haven't
     decided which state in which we will incorporate (there are several
     administrative issues to consider). None of this money is spent
     yet.

     1.2. Craig will continue the incorporation process.

          I had an initial conversation with Foundation Group[2], the
     company that is helping us with this. There's lots to do; stay
     tuned.

     1.3. Tim will retrieve the contact info and pricing for the company
          that made the original Squeak pins.

          Tim did this; we're still discussing how to incorporate pins
     into a fundraiser.

2.   Craig will report on relicensing progress.

     Notices have been sent to all known contributors[3]. If you've
received a notice, please respond as per its instructions. If we missed
you, please let me know.

3.   List the current action items.

     This meeting had one action item.

     3.1. Craig will continue the incorporation process.

4.   List the next meeting's agenda items.

     Currently, the agenda for the 2007-01-17 meeting is tentatively:

     4.1. Review previous action items.

     4.2. Discuss pricing of pins and other fundraising details.

     4.3. Cees will report on the state of the Squeak wiki (apparently,
          at least as of 2007-01-11, it has been successfully moved from
          Georgia Tech to wiki.squeak.org).

     4.4. Consider Chris Cunnington's proposal for a public relations
          team.

     4.5. Decide who of the current board will run for re-election and
          start the next election process (under the current annual
          system, the next election should happen in February).

     4.6. List the current action items.

     4.7. List the next meeting's agenda items.

***

     thanks!

-C

[1] http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/64.html