OpenGL/3D

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Fri Jan 12 05:44:04 UTC 2007

It's only in Croquet.  Part of the issue is that the OpenGL package
assumes that the compiler has been hacked to support positional
arguments, so that you can write code like...

	ogl
		glBegin(GLLineStrip);
		glColor3f(1.0, 0.25, 1.0);
		glVertex3f(1.0, 2.0, 10.0);
		"..."
		glEnd.

... which looks very familiar to a C programmer, which most graphics
programmers are.  It will look even better if we can completely get
rid of underscore assignments so that "GLLineStrip" can become
"GL_LINE_STRIP".

Why not just use the Croquet image (if not Croquet itself)?  It's
hardly distinguishable from a 3.8 image.

Josh