Ffenestri (multiple host window support), and Mac Host Menus

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jan 15 22:48:02 UTC 2007

The 3.10 team asked me to build a change set for Ffenestri  (multiple
host window support), and Mac Host Menus for 3.10.
The last change set was build for Tweak in 2004.

I've updated my ftp site and my idisk in the Ffenestri folder found
in the experimental directory with a number of new
change sets that let you load the Ffenestri logic into a 3.10 image,
likely also into a 3.9 image. Testing shows that this re-released
code works with Mac PowerPC and MacIntel.  I did uncover a byte order
problem on macintel btw.

For the additional Macintosh Host menu support, used by Sophie, and
by Scratch I've also pushed out a set of change sets
to allow one to load that logic into a 3.10 image, likely also into a
3.9 image too. Testing shows that this re-released code works with
Mac PowerPC and MacIntel.

I did NOT revisit the Tweak support, there seems to be a LACK of
interest. Anyone who wants to explore that should email me and I'll
point out the methods of interest they can rework for Tweak.  Of
course for Tweak you can open a tweak project in a host window and
expect everything to work since the display and event queue are
instance variables, not globals like in Morphic.

===