Could we fix the web site

Filip Stadnik filip.stadnik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 09:02:01 UTC 2007

Hi Brad,

Well, today the load speed is quite fast for me too.

Though, if I understand it correctly, the functionality is implemented
as a reference to javascript, generated by PHP script
(may-be-on-the-fly) in a foreign web site:

<script language="JavaScript"
src="http://feed2js.org//feed2js.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fweeklysqueak.wordpress.com%2Ffeed%2F&chan=title&num=5&desc=55&date=y&targ=y"
type="text/javascript"></script>

When the traffic from feed2js.org slows down significantly the above
script execution delays too. This may result in an overall rendering
slowdown or postpone rendering of certain components entirely as
happened in my case yesterday.

If there is a php interpreter on the box it may be a good idea to
install feed2js.php to the squeak.org machine to minimize the
dependence on external, perhaps not so reliable, components.

If not, we can do the feed transformation in smalltalk.

What do you think?

Filip