Markus, the mailing list and other subjects...

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 13:29:10 UTC 2007

Just a personal comment on what I recently read on
this list...  We should never forget that, like it or
not, we still live in a world where ideas and opinions
sometimes clash and are often what's necessary to
bring the discussion to the next level.  Let's not
forget that if Squeak became the wonderful development
environment it is right now, we owe it to guys like
Markus, Stéphane Ducasse, John McIntosh and a bunch of
others.

So I really think seeing guys like Stéphane and Markus
drifting away from the mailing list is really not a
"plus" for Squeak.  It's a great loss in fact.

I'm not saying we should always blindly accepts their
ideas and opinions but we should all at least show a
little bit more respect in our replies on this mailing
list.

I, for one, often complain about Squeak's UI (Morphic)
but I always take great care into making it clear that
I'm not judging the work of others but rather I'm just
expressing what bugs me with the environment.  And as
someone once told me, if it bugs you that much, Squeak
gives you the luxury to enhance/fix/replace it!

Let's just not forget that the purpose of a mailing
list is to exchange, communicate and stir new ideas,
not stir sh*t...

Now gentlemen, can we all work together and make 3.10
a kick a** development environment that will make ruby
and others look extremely pale and poor compared to
Squeak?

:)

My 2 Canadian cents...

P.S.  Markus and Stéphane, we definitely need guys
like you here...

Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Blog: lamneth.wordpress.com
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)