Ffenestri (multiple host window support), and Mac Host Menus

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Jan 16 20:38:45 UTC 2007

Ok, well all I did was spend some time to confirm that the host
window and mac menu support works in a 3.10 image, plus works for
macintosh
powerpc and macintel. I believe Impara has a windows VM for the host
window plugin but I'm not sure where.  Having one for unix would be
great too.

Both Sophie and Scratch use the mac menu logic, so that is in actual
use. However no-one I know is using the multiple window support.

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:08 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:

>>> It would; and I can't find anything in my mailfiles to suggest
>>> that it has been done yet.
>>
>> Has never been implemented to my knowledge. I'd *very* much like
>> to see this working on unix! With all major platforms supported
>> and a Morphic refactoring underway (which hopefully would get rid
>> of the global Display and Sensor access) we would get one major
>> complaint about Squeak's "real-world" usefulness out of the way ...
>
> Yes this is why I was mentioning it for 3.10 but if this is not
> ready what should be done? May be some people
> may join and do something.
>
> Stef

===