Squeak on the PlayStation 3

Aaron Reichow revaaron at bitquabit.com
Wed Jan 17 18:18:41 UTC 2007

Hello everyone-

I just had a quick question- does anyone here have a PlayStation 3?
If so, have you tried running Squeak? You do have to install it
yourself, but it can be done without a modchip or anything else DMCA-
breaking.
You can use a keyboard and a mouse, attached using USB- no need to
write new code to use the controller, though that'd be fun too.  I'm
curious what a "0 tinyBenchmarks" produces, not that is the best
benchmark in the world or the VM would be optimized.  Anywho, if
anyone is working on this I'd be interested in hearing about it!

Info on getting Linux on your PS3 here:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-linuxps3-1/?
ca=dgr-lnxw07Linux-and-PlayStation%203

Regards,