Suggestion for PR/Doc teams

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 17 22:24:53 UTC 2007

On 17-Jan-07, at 12:54 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> "Matching" this is impossible. A talented writer passionate about
> Squeak might write something similar. Not sure we have one in the
> community - I for one miss Jim Benson, who had a very distinct
> style to his writing:
Yes, Jim is/was quite the writer. We still have Dan Schafer though,
who's no lightweight as an author. And Avi writes good papers/talks/
etc. Even I can put together a paragraph or two on occasion.

Like anything else in the world of community software (or anything
else) it comes down to somebody with passion, somebody with talent
and somebody with time. They don't necessarily have to be the same
single person. If you're passionate but feel you lack talent, be the
team cheerleader, editor, manager, whatever. If you lack time, do a
little bit and let the team editor munge it into the whole. The
website and the swiki are ideal places for people that can write but
only a little at a time, by the way. Even simply scanning the swiki
and getting rid of obviously wrong or out of date stuff and spammed
pages is a valuable service.

It's *our* system. *We* get to do it.

tim
C for sinking, java for drinking, Smalltalk for thinking