Squeak Wiki Problem

jerryw jerry.webb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:32:20 UTC 2007

Ken Causey wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion but I think I must need either authentication
> or it doesn't like my IP address because if I use that I can't get
> anywhere.

I'm forced to use the same cache because my ISP is NTL (one of the biggest
cable broadband companies in the UK). I tried the "transparent proxy test"
of looking up http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test and I see ...

"The proxy host is glfd-cache-8.server.ntli.net which has ip address
62.252.0.11
 The proxy informs us that the client host ip address was 81.100.59.61"

I can't see that NTL will fix this, they have enough trouble getting users
connected in the first place :-(

Jerry