primUntrustedUserDirectory trouble of new mac carbon VM

John M McIntosh johnmci at
Thu Jan 18 06:43:38 UTC 2007

Ah, mmm a bug, but if you try ~/Library/Preferences/Squeak/Internet/
My Squeak/aaaaaaaa/  what happens?
Perhaps the code (I've not looked yet) assumes the aaaaaaaa is a file
name and then resolves to the directory?

I'll note the default should be
	<string>~/Library/Preferences/Squeak/Internet/My Squeak/</string>

I invoke
(NSString*) stringByExpandingTildeInPath

on the string, but the apple documentation is not clear, it only says:

A new string made by expanding the initial component of the receiver,
if it begins with “~” or “~user”, to its full path value.
Returns a new string matching the receiver if the receiver’s initial
component can’t be expanded.

On Jan 17, 2007, at 6:56 PM, Tetsuya HAYASHI wrote:

> Hi, all,
> About mac vm 3.8.14beta6U and 3.8.14beta7U, I have trouble.
>   SecurityManager default primUntrustedUserDirectory
> returns a path name,
>   '/Users/tetha/Library/Preferences/Internet'
> But, I believe it should have 'My Squeak' as the last path component.
> When I setup the value of SqueakBrowserUnTrustedDirectory entry in
> Info.plist as
>   ~/Library/Preferences/Squeak/Internet/My Squeak/aaaaaaaa
> (add a dummy component aaaaaaaa)
> then returns
>     '/Users/tetha/Library/Preferences/Internet/My Squeak'
> I use MacOSX 10.4.8 on PPC box.
> Best regards,
> --
> Tetsuya HAYASHI <tetha at>, <tetha at>