function key.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jan 20 04:26:42 UTC 2007

Someone asked me about the function key as a modifier on os-x and
Squeak.

The macintosh carbon VM does see the fact that the function key is
pressed. However the 1984 keyboard model that Squeak uses says....

/* This table maps the 5 Macintosh modifier key bits to 4 Squeak
modifier
    bits. (The Mac shift and caps lock keys are both mapped to the
single
    Squeak shift bit).  This was true for squeak upto 3.0.7. Then in
3.0.8 we
    decided to not map the cap lock key to shift

*/

So we don't pass on the function key.

Soo is there any interest? Likely I might need to pass it up in some
other field, plus of course it  might not be support on windows or
basic unix...

===