Form A PR Committee

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 20 17:57:48 UTC 2007

Hi Chris,

First, I love your quote close to the bottom of your message:

> mere, simple repetition. That's marketing, that's public relations. Squeak
> is better than both (context: Tide and Coke-a-Cola). It's practically
> divine.

:)

Forming a Public Relations/Marketing team for Squeak is a great idea. If we
(individuals in the Squeak community)  think we have a tool that is better or
equal to than 95% of the other tools out there, we should not be afraid to
shout it out and get more attention to it.  Squeak can be improved and
morphed, but it is still great, so let us say it.

Squeak now has 2 teams (web and news) that are related to the PR area, and
also every company and individual who uses Squeak, (on their website with
Seaside, or Squeak browser plugin), every Squeak Blogger are part of the PR
effort, but it would be great if in addition Squeak has a targetted planned
campaing to promote it.

So thanks for making the leap, and go for it, Milan