Elections coming up

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Mon Jan 22 00:59:16 UTC 2007

Hi everyone, I thought I'd remind everyone that the elections process is
about to begin. This process is performed by the elections team. The
goal of the team is to carry out the election in such a way that the
elected board is representative of the communities wishes. At the
moment, we invite anyone that wants to join the discussions of the
election team (and possibly the team proper), is welcome to register for
the elections mailing list (start from
http://squeak.org/Community/Teams/). Usually people that intend to run
as candidates pretty much exclude themselves from both.

If you have any requests or comments about how the election should
occur, now is a good time to make them, either here or there. For
example, one topic for discussion might be the proper number of Board
posts relative to the number of candidates we have (by default, we will
have 7 positions as last time) or the requirements to vote (currently,
higher than observer status on SqP, or being an active participant in a
sibling community).

Daniel Vainsencher