Load OmniBase in Squeak

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Tue Jan 23 17:40:14 UTC 2007

You might look at image segments.

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2316

Good: Fast, simple to use.

Not so good:  If your segments are not in constant use, you can find
one day that you can no longer load a segment because the image has
become incompatible.  This is the case with squeakmap which no longer
works with images as recent as 3.7.

There is also PListSerialization, but you need to be able to
represent all in dictionaries, ordered collections, and strings.

For long lived data, you can't beat a database.  One little question
to ask yourself - when things go pear shaped, who will be able to
help you recover your data?  If the answer is one person, I get nervous.

-Todd