Melia - different kind of GUI

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Thu Jan 25 17:48:41 UTC 2007

Hi --

The costumes are supposed to be separate. An example in Croquet is
that when you go from a world where you might look like the Rabbit
into the waterworld, you change into a fish. Also, Croquet has done a
lot of experimentation with filtered viewing, which is worth looking
at. Logical separation is one thing, but there is also the question
of identity, namely, when is a view of something to be taken as a
manifestation of the thing, and when should it be considered a new thing?

Cheers,

Alan