Load OmniBase in Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 26 03:43:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 04:02:46PM -0200, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> Just for the record,
>
>     I was unable to load OmniBase because I was trying to do it without one
> of it's prerequisites (OSProcessPlugin).

How strange. I have not actually loaded OmniBase, but as far as I know
it uses OSPP just for its file locking primitives. OSProcessPlugin is
the "source code" for the primitives, and it should not have to be loaded
in the image unless you are building your own VM with VMMaker. I would
not expect it to be a prerequisite for something like OmniBase.

The OSProcess package has the methods for file locking (which make
use of OSPP), so it would make sense if OSProcess was listed as a
prerequisite. But OSProcessPlugin should not be a prerequisite
unless you are actually building the VM and plugins.

Dave