How to make Squeak use Block Closure

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 15:38:19 UTC 2007

On 26 Jan 2007, at 20:32, Philippe Marschall wrote:

>  I thought I heard that Gemstone supports blocks but I might be
> wrong on this.

GemStone does support blocks but you need to be careful about what
you reference inside the block.  I can't remember all the options off
the top of my head.  If the block is "clean", in terms of lack of
global/local references, then you can replicate it to GS.  If it is
dirty then I think it fails.  The solution normally is to pass the
block across and then send value: to it on the remote side passing in
any objects that you need inside the block.  It's pretty neat even
with those restrictions.

Cheers,

Mike