Squeak on the ... Xbox 360?

Aaron Reichow revaaron at bitquabit.com
Sun Jan 28 03:44:39 UTC 2007

Hey everyone!

Another thing I'm wondering- has anyone tried getting Squeak going on
the Xbox 360? Like the PS3, it's an incredibly powerful machine-
three async multi-processing cores at 2.5 GHz, if I'm remembering
correctly.

For anyone interested, you can download the XNA Game Studio Express
1.0 for free from MS's site at the URL below. Hobbyists can use to
develop programs for the 360 without having to use a modchip or other
DMCA-violating measures.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/aa937795.aspx

I'm thinking about getting a 360, and probably will- I'm just waiting
around hoping for a drop in price.  If no one else has tried it or
plans on it, I will probably take a whack at it. Now that I have an
Intel Mac Book Pro, I can run these Windows-only programs!

Regards,
Aaron