Monticello and pool dictionaries

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Sun Jan 28 11:21:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I try to make a monticello package from a squeakmap
package. The package is RemoteFrameBuffer. I created
the package and adusted the categories of all extension
methods. The monticello package includes everything
what the changeset from squeakmap does.

In the class RFBServer there is pool dictionary defined.
If I install the package from squeakmap there appears
a dialog asking if I like to add the pool dictionary.
Installing the package from monticello opens also a
dialog but an dialog for an unresolved dependency.
It cannot load the RFBServer class as long as the pool
dictionary isn't there.

Looking in the cache from squeakmap I found the changeset
for the RemoteFrameBuffer. Are squeakmap packages only
changesets? I thought I may find a kind of preamble in
the package which initializes the pool dictionary.

What is the best way to handle this situation with
monticello?  I don't know how monticello handles
dependencies. As far as I understand pool dictionaries
they can be created by invoking

Smalltalk at: #dictName put: Dictionary new

Is this right? Do I need to create pool dictionary
manually in an initialize methods?

thanks in advance,

Norbert