OLPC-like device...

Aaron Reichow revaaron at bitquabit.com
Tue Jan 30 18:00:11 UTC 2007

Blake-

The Nokia 770/N800 sounds like it'd fit the bill- except for the
toughness. It isn't especially breakable, but it is only as tough as
most PDAs and tablets are.  I think you could toughen it up with a
little work and thought, however.

And, naturally, it runs Squeak w/ Morphic pretty well.  You get
character recognition free with Squeak via Genie, or you can use what
is built-in, which isn't as good as Squeak's Genie.

Regards,
Aaron