[OT, Q] Architecture for Message Broadcasting

"S.J.Chun" chunsj at embian.com
Mon Jul 2 08:27:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to create network service which is for message broadcasting.
For example, one user - authorized - sends messages to server, then all
connected - TCP will be used - clients/users are receiving the message.
I'm currently thinking of create a simple TCP server which receives
message - message will be single line - then iterate over connected
sockets to send message to them.

Is this approach correct? I mean are there any more efficient approach/
architecture for this? I think IRC kind of thing will help but I cannot
find some understandable document on this kind of service.

Thanks in advance.